The asthma & allergy friendly® standard is independently awarded, internationally recognized, certification created by medical experts and rigorously tested by a certified lab.
- Empowered Consumers
Over 60% of asthma and allergy sufferers find it difficult to choose appropriate products for their homes. The mark helps consumers make better buying decisions.
- Consumer Trust
The asthma & allergy friendly® standard is a regulated, physician led global certification company that consumers can trust. The mark build consumer confidence and reliability.
- Marketing Support
Certified clients receive promotional and marketing support, research findings and help with educating consumers about asthma and allergies.
- Access Growing Market
As the number of people with asthma and allergies continues to increase, so does demand for trustworthy asthma & allergy friendly® products.
- Certification is backed by the Physician group Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Increased product visibility with products listed on the asthma & allergy friendly certification app and web site for consumers
- Marketing support built into certification
- Collaboration and cross promotion with other certified products at retail
- Assistance with Retailer engagement, content & education
asthma & allergy friendly® Certification
Third-Party Consulting & Certification Services
The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program is the world’s most recognized certification mark for products and services that are more suitable for people with asthma and allergies. SCS Global Services has partnered with the international standards organization, Allergy Standards Limited, to offer services to manufacturers who are seeking asthma & allergy friendly® certification for their products. With almost 20% of the world population affected by asthma and allergies, there is a growing demand for products that improve indoor air quality and create barriers to allergens that may trigger symptoms.
Certifying your products as asthma & allergy friendly® with SCS enhances your brand’s credibility, builds consumer trust and allows your customers to make informed buying decisions to ensure their health and wellbeing. The impacts of asthma and allergies are severe. Your customers are depending on you to make products that create the healthiest possible indoor environment and avoid allergenic ingredients.
Why Choose SCS?
With decades of experience in certifications for the built environment, SCS is the only recognized certification partner for asthma & allergy friendly certification. In addition, for building material and furniture companies that already have other green building certifications, SCS can build off the testing and certifications those companies already have to align with the asthma & allergy friendly certification requirements. And as a recognized global leader in green building certifications, SCS provides services for most building product certifications and can offer discounted certification bundling which result in significant savings for companies looking to achieve multiple sustainability certifications.
- Sign mutual NDA to begin certification process
- Speak with business development team about licensing and testing fees
- Sign testing agreement and submit products for testing
- ASL certified Independent Laboratory tests products to the relevant certification standard
- Testing is completed, and report is reviewed by ASL’s certification board
- If product passes testing, Certification Licensing agreement is completed and scientific repost is released
- Product is certified as asthma & allergy friendly® and company is granted legal use rights to display the certification mark
Need more information? Fill the form and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.